I have decided to make a sweeping change to my line-up for this week. My focus is on the ‘who to get’ rather than ‘who to get rid of’, with an emphasis on the following fixtures.
Everton vs. QPR
I am assuming that Everton has the strength to overcome a traveling QPR, which play their first Premiership Away game since earning their promotion.
Sunderland vs. Newcastle
I predict Newcastle will be one of the 3 teams that get relegated this season, due mostly to their transfer (cash-in) policy. In order to support my prediction, a game such as an Away visit to Sunderland should be challenging for Newcastle’s shaky defense line, and weakened attacking line-up.
- Heskey – I was running short on cash, and Heskey performed rather well in Week 1. My hope was to accommodate Carroll, but I couldn’t afford him.
- Cahill – A Playmaker, playing at Home, with a chance of playing in the Hole, against a promoted side, that didn’t deliver in Week 1.
- Larsson – He takes freekicks, playing at home, against a side that looks like a promoted side. Plus, he played well against Liverpool, at Anfield, in Week 1.
- Ramsey – A cheap midfield option who plays the Frabegas role.
- Heitinga – Another cheap (somewhat) attacking Full Back, playing at Home, against a promoted side.
- Baines – EXPENSIVE, but again, attacking Full/Wing Back, who takes Freekicks, Penalty Kicks, and Corners, at home, against a promoted side.
- Fabio – Another cheap option Full Back, who plays at home, with the license to push forward. The opponent is not so desirable, plus the defensive line-up is severely weakened with Vidic and Ferdinand injured. Put this is Manchester United, playing at Old Trafford, right?
- Howard – I betting on QPR not being able to score a single goal at Goodison Park.
Here is my line-up: